Descripción del puesto
The M&A Analyst will be in charge of reviewing and analyzing M&A opportunities in the Americas for Mainstream´s expansion into the region.
This role will work closely with the Head of M&A & Investments and other teams in the company to be able to identify M&A opportunities, review market analysis, understand main risk and opportunities, sinergies, prepare financial models to valuate companies and run different business scenarios, prepare presentations and reports to the Senior Management Team in Chile and Dublin.
The role will provide significant expousure to Mainstream Senior Management, Investment Banking players, Banks, Tier one advisors and first hand interaction with counter parties. The candidate must
have strong financial knowledge and desirable experience in the energy sector. The role will also support Mainstream’s other global markets as required.
The role will require travel to other Mainstream offices.
- Support the Head of M&A & Investments to Identify M&A opportunities.
- Design, build and maintain highly complex financial models for renewable energy projects and companies Take responsibility for structural integrity and functionality of models including accounting, tax and regulatory requirements of various global markets.
- Analysis of potential oporttunities, running different investment scenarios, identify opprotunities and sinergies.
- Prepare Valuations of projects and companies.
- Prepare presentations and reports to the Head of M&A and Investments and to the Senior
- Participate in due diligences process
- Work internally as part of multi-functional teams to assess markets and projects as required
- Clear financial analysis and communication of results for internal and external parties.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft suite (in particular Excel)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Strong financial knowledge and experience.
- Renewable energy or wider energy industry experience is desirable, but not essential. An eye for detail and proactive approach to analysis, intellectual curiosity, good mathematical credentials and ability.
- Proficient with MS Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to analyse qualitative & quantitative information for decision making.
- Must be self motivated and with and ambituos profile.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility to Travel as required.
- Advance English and Spanish
WHAT WE OFFER?
We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation, in a growing market in a fast paced industry. You will receive a very competitive total benefits package including an excellent base salary, bonus scheme.